Tech for Housing
Tech for All Services We Can Provide
- 8 hours of digital skills trainings (English, Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese)
- Modules include: email & browser basics, job search & application, managing services online, parent educational resources (for multi-family), and staying connected (for seniors)
- Free refurbished computer for graduates
- Assist residents with $10/month Internet options
- Installation and maintenance of onsite computer center
- Onsite tech support for residents
Support outreach efforts (fliers, newsletter content, tabling at events)
Incentivize class participation (refreshments, raffle technology accessories)
Adapt curriculum to needs of residents
Collaboratively build training schedule
Produce quarterly written reports
Why Tech Exchange?
Provided over 35,000 individual training hours and 47,000 computers in the Bay Area.
Providing training + hardware:
Cost of Service
$50,000 to serve 125 households for 12 months ($400/resident).
Public Funding Available!
- The California Public Utilities Commission is accepting applications from affordable housing providers for related services.
- Applications accepted quarterly until 5MM fund is allocated.
- Tech Exchange provides support to draft and submit application
- Once awarded, Tech Exchange’s progress report format matches that required by the CPUC.
- We have successfully supported applications at 17 housing sites.